Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

My New Obsession




I have been away from my blog dealing with getting a slipcover made...lets just say I haven't quite finished it...which is very annoying and seeing as my goal for this week (again) is to finish the slipcover and get started on the next one, I probably should be sewing and not doing this. Oh well, nothing like a little procrastination! Don't worry, when I get it all finished I will post pics - seriously I am very close, just need to finish the cushions. Enough about that....


I have been having a design delima with my living room. It seems rude and almost mean to say, but it's a little too big for me to figure out exactly how the furniture should be configured and how much is too much furniture. I currently have a sofa and loveseat, with a large square coffee table,as one conversation area and 4 "lady" chairs as another conversation area. I would really like to get at least one of those super fabulous leather poufs from Serena & Lilly, as well as the enamelled garden seat from Ballard Design to complete the chair configuration...so I have been scouring design blogs, catalogs and magazines looking for the right inspiration for where I need to go with this space. I am almost sick of it, and definitely a little bit frustrated, but every time I think I have it figured out I second guess myself. It isn't like me at all - I'm just having trouble making a commitment and that royally stinks. I'm eclectic with a leaning toward modern minimalism, so if you have any suggestions I will gladly take them!








No comments:

Post a Comment