Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chocolate Cake Fail!!!

So yesterday was the official beginning of yet another weight loss challenge. It's ok - I've dealt with the fact that I have to have competition in order to succeed (just like, I don't run for the fun of it - I have to have a race to keep myself motivated). This one should be good. We based it on "The Game On" which I have done several times with great success - but this time it is an immediate monetary loss/gain. You pay the pot if you don't drink enough water and you pay the pot if you don't accomplish two goals that you set for yourself - one Life in General goal and one fitness/weight loss goal. You are committed to a $5/week buy in and the pot goes to the person with the biggest percentage of weight loss. It sounds weird, but money and competition motivate me more than weight loss itself. I mean, the by product of weight loss is great (looking better, feeling better, running better) but for some reason the pain of denying myself isn't really worth it unless money or humiliation are on the line. Seriously, when I think about what losing another 20 lbs could do for my running abilities, I get excited - but for some reason I haven't been able to get my brain ready for it or something. So here I am trying to brainwash myself into getting serious about it. I did great yesterday. Seriously I was food journaling and measuring and being awesome at it...and then...I had a face off with the Aaron's leftover birthday cake...the cake won...so today I am all over this watching it close thing, again...lets just hope the miles I run tomorrow and Saturday make up for one huge fail...

1 comment:

  1. There is no "fail" when cake is envolved, especially chocolate cake. Let's just call it a, "minor setback".

    ReplyDelete