Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Work in Progress, well, sort of...

I know - it's been at least a month since I posted anything. That's really sad, but that's the way the cookie crumbles around here. I've been busy doing kid stuff, getting back to soccer and working on getting spring clothes cut out and organizing for the huge consignment sale coming up in a few weeks...it's been busy, but this past week I made huge strides in getting my living room a lot closer to where I would like it to be. I officially finished the couch slipcovers by the end of February - yay me! I was thinking I would move on to the chairs, but I've decided I need to find some different fabric, so that project is on hold until it's in the budget to buy some - hopefully by the end of the month. Here are a few pics to give you the idea:



this is from the foyer looking in. I did rearrange and I am very happy with the set up - great for hosting larger groups and intimate enough that people won't feel overwhelmed.






here it is from the fireplace looking toward the foyer. Again - I am happy with this furniture configuration, but as you can see I still have a long way to go. You can just catch a peek of the super awesome light my hubs just hung in the foyer - I like to think of it as my,"Yep - this does make me cooler than you." light - I love it!


And here it is from the dining room door. So give me your ideas on that coffee table right there. I am torn as to whether I should paint it orange(which was my original plan) or go for something a little more traditional - or crazy(like silver). Over all, I feel like the room needs to be toned down in formality - which will be helped tremendously by the removal of the Persian rug and replaced by a sisal rug. I'm just a little worried that it might be kinda cold feeling...thoughts, please! and now for the problems:





Here is one of the chairs...what is awesome about these is they have a round back and they are totally comfortable. What is not awesome is that I cannot make up my mind about what fabric to go with. I go back and forth between a neutral and something way crazy and out there. I'm almost wishing I could find a stripe that rocks my world. I've also toyed with an over sized hounds tooth print and over sized damask print (a.k.a the pillows). I also dig those neutral trellis prints that Serena & Lilly have in their catalog. Thoughts? Suggestions?

My Nana's chair. It really is totally the coolest ever. It's great quality and honestly doesn't need to be recovered - but I think the fabric is far too traditional - so I want to update it with a superfly slipcover. The question is - should I make it match the two "Lady Chairs" on the other side of the room? I'm thinking that might be good for unifying the two conversation areas. You will also note the over sized brass lamp on the side table. I got it at a garage sale for $10 - which I thought was a steal - especially considering all the lamps I like enough to buy in a store cost like $200...so the big issues with it are that it is brass - and the lampshade is dark and not the right shape. I'm thinking I might try to paint it white or robin's egg blue or something.

I really would like some thoughts and suggestions - I just got a bunch done and yet it feels like I have a really long way to go. SO - I'm all ears :)























































































































































1 comment:

  1. what fabric did you use for the slipcovers? was it a home deco weight? everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete