Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ready, Set, Resolutionize!

Allright, so I know that it is already January 15, but I was thinking that I might should go ahead and do the long standing tradition of setting resolutions for the year 2011, after all, when I think about my resolutions for next year, I need to know just how far I fell below the expectations...right?! As I am a crazy person, with lots of interests, my resolutions tend to be all over the place, but here we go...

1. Fully fund the emergency fund ( yep, that's been number one on the list for the last 4 years or so...must be something about having 4 kids that makes achieving that next to impossible)

2. Start saving toward real estate investments - because I know we love the appraisal business, but it might be nice to have that extra stream of income

3. Get the kitchen, and bedrooms painted and decorated...COMPLETELY...like with art on the wall and stuff

4. Buy a new couch for Aaron's Man Cave...because my children have managed to kill the current one...

5. Run at least one marathon, hopefully two 1/2 marathons and even more hopefully complete 2 sprint distance triathlons...I can tell what you're thinking, she's really insane, but hey, you have to aim for something or you'll end up shooting yourself in the foot...

6. Get all the way to goal weight...also a repeat from several years...but I actually made it about half way there in 2010, so if I can keep up the momentum, maybe I can get the rest of the way there.

7. Replace the crapped up swagger wagon. It's paid for, and it is functional, but it is UGLY and french fry encrusted, and I am a little sick of it. Who knows, I might even go back to SUV land...oh man, those were the days...

8. Finish all slipcovers and decorating in the living room. Actually I would like to have all the slipcovers finished by the end of January, but seeing as it is technically the middle of and I haven't finished the first one (although I have a very good start), I'm doubting it'll be in January...

9. Buy new dining room chairs. Super modern and sleek - maybe even lucite...how cool would that be?!

10. Figure out the table situation for the breakfast room, and paint/recover the chairs.

11. Upgrade my embroidery machine to a "slap your momma" model.

12. Do something with the china cabinet and buffet - they are nice, but not cool enough, and they could be, it's just a matter of making them realize their potential...

13. Cover all the boxes in the sewing room, so that they look cute and are more than just functional.

14. Organize the Quazimoto rooms, hall closets and all the seaonal clothing...it's just a mess in and around all that, the seasonal clothing causes me great wailing and gnashing of teeth...there has got to be a better way!

15. Purchase and extra freezer, so that I can start doing once a month cooking again.

16. Start saving for the fence around the front yard...it's gonna be a major expense and I am ready to get it taken care of...these kids really need to have to outside time that doesn't involve me taking them somewhere (our backyard is basically a courtyard) or risking them getting hit by a car.

So I guess that's a pretty good list, perhaps you might have some suggestions? I guess it just wouldn't be the new year if I wasn't sitting around thinking about all the stuff I didn't get done last year and how much there is to do now...so, here we go again!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That looks more like a shopping list than a list of resolutions.

    ReplyDelete